Manly Mondays - Chill Out Time

Monday 29 February 2016

Hello everyone, 

This one will be a very quick Manly Monday I'm afraid, I have my first exam of the season tomorrow...wish me luck! I didn't want to disappoint you all by missing out a week from the column so here is a little evening relaxation inspiration for all you gentlemen out there. 

There is nothing better at the end of the day than a nice steaming mug of tea, or so I'm told, I'm not a tea drinker myself. After a long hard day at work Mr.Gingersnap likes nothing more than cosying up on the sofa with tea, chocolate and a DVD. Sometimes he likes to swap the tea for a whisky so we found some chocolates to make the best of both worlds. 


These choccies are by Anthon Berg, each has it's own different liquor secreted in the delicious dark chocolate casing. There are some well loved favourites in there like Jim Bean, Remy Martin, Cointreau and XO. They are really yummy and so rich, it's quite a luxurious treat with 16 different chocolates. Definitely a winner over here! 

Mr.Gingersnap is a big lover of second world war history and must have watched HBO's Band of Brothers a dozen times, but now he has a new excuse to watch it as I have got into it too. This 10 episode series follows the Easy Company as they train and join the war effort. This series has some serious ups and downs, I have been in tears of laughter and sadness multiple times already. Each episode focuses more on one soldier, helping you form an emotional attachment to them all as individuals. I think the most heart wrenching part of this is that it is based on real life events and has commentary at the beginning from actual surviving members of Easy Company. With some big names like Damien Lewis, Ron Livingston, Donnie Wahlberg and Scott Grimes it really is a must watch, but have the tissues at the ready! 

What do you like to do to unwind in the evening? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

20 comments :

  1. I love to snuggle up in bed with a good book and only the fairylights on, giving my bedroom a rosy glow ❤️
    Also, I love eating a delicious chocolate! Who wouldn't?!
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :-) A good book is the perfect way to end the day! I also love chocolate, though I am more of a milk chocolate kinda girl
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Aw, I normally suggle and watch netflix

    Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same :-) I like to watch shows with my housemate!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Netflix and YouTube are essential for relaxing me time!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that chill out time is essential to be able to stay level headed throughout the week! :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi, I nominated you for the liebster award, do you have more than 1000 readers? And have you maybe been nominated before? Anyways you can check it out on my blog (also if you don't know what it is I explain it on my blog)

    Stella xx
    onegirlblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :-) Thank you so much for nominating me, it's very kind! Keep your eyes peeled for a follow up post to this nomination...
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hey !! Great blog post !! I love reading post like this !! <3 keep up the good work :D

    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    ZoellaLook


    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :-) I'm glad you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for more manly mondays on the way soon...
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love reading this post. What I do to unwind in the evening is drink a cup of tea while scrolling through internet.
    Love, Fads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relaxing in the evening is so important :-) I'm glad you enjoyed reading the post!
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Great post! l have fun reading, love to try the chocolate too. would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'd love to follow your blog :-) I'll post you a comment when I have done it! You should definitely try the chocolates, they are so super yummy!
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Those Anthon Berg chocs sound delicious, totally craving liquor chocolates now!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I hope you got some and managed to satisfy the craving!
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Good luck with all your exams!

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) They are done for now, I just have to wait for the results!
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs