Luscious Valentines

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Hello everyone, 

With Valentines Day on the approach shops have been amping up the publicity by releasing their Valentines Day collections. This means there is a sea of pink, purple and red colours with heart motifs agogo in town! Now I love Valentines Day as much as the next girl and love any excuse for romance and spoiling my man, or being spoilt by him… 

Lush always have exciting collections and I’m sure you all know how I feel about their fantastic moral stance. Their collection this year is particularly thrilling, come on, it features unicorns!! 


The Unicorn Horn bubble bar was so incredibly exciting when I spotted it, I couldn’t wait for Valentine’s day to use it. It is beautifully crafted like a pole on a merry go round. The swirls of pink, yellow and blue can’t help but put you in mind a carnival. Once crumbled it creates a lovely pale pink bath with myriad sparkly bubbles, bliss! The scent is delicate, but stays on your skin after bathing. The ylang ylang is particularly rejuvenating and after a long day on your feet makes you feel relaxed and ready for the next day. The only little downside, which I think is fab, but is less fab for poor Mr.Gingersnap is that it leaves you rather glittery…to the amusement of his friends! 


The Love Lamp bath bomb is quite unusual as it has small red hearts secreted inside it which come out at the product dissipates in the bath. It has the most gorgeous scent of chocolate orange, vanilla and orange oil, overall a very pleasant citrus scent. I haven’t tried this yet, as I’m saving it for the actual day, but it looks and smells fantastic. Perfect for pre-date pampering or a romantic date for two. 


I love the way the shower gel is called Prince Charming! Looking at I expected it to be a more rose or sweet scented product, but it actually smells of pomegranate, one of my favourite fruits. If you are worried about the grapefruit being overpowering, don’t be, it simply adds a more refreshing tang to the vanilla, cocoa and pomegranate combo. It is also fluorescent pink when on your skin, but do not fear it washes off a treat and smells heavenly! 


The Kiss lip gloss was what I was most excited about as my lips have been suffering so much with the winter. It is a lovely pastel pink colour and leaves an iridescent sheen on the lips. It’s not as smooth as I expected and is quite grainy until it melts on your lips a bit more. I was a little disappointed that it is more of a tinted balm than an actual gloss. However, it tastes really yummy, you definitely get the khalari melon and jojoba favour. 


Last, but not least is the Rose All The Way soap. It lathers up wonderfully and leaves your hands super silky. The scent is quite faint with just a hint of rose oil and syrup, which is perfect if you don’t want an overpowering blast of scent every time you wash your hands. 

There are two more Valentine’s products coming out and one that I didn’t try. I chose not to try the Kiss lip scrub as my lips are quite sensitive at the minute, but I think it would really help anyone with dry skin. There is a 1000 kisses perfume and a Lovebirds soap being made at this very moment, I think they come out on the 8th ad 5th of February :-) 

Are you guys excited about this year’s collections? Have any other products caught your eye? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

4 comments :

  1. I would love to try the lip gloss, it sounds so great! :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely :-) It has quite a strong flavour which is nice, give it a go!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lush is one of my fav stores out there & all of your choices are so Valentine-appropriate!! This post was lovely xx

    Kaylee | JK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! I wanted to try out as many as possible from their new range :-)
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs