Gorging Ourselves in Gusto

Wednesday 17 February 2016

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying the week so far! Gosh, how is it already Wednesday?! Time seems to be flowing away from me so speedily as I sit here every day, glued to my laptop for revision. As the weekend is rapidly approaching, I thought I would do a quick restaurant/foodie type post in case you were looking for somewhere to go out.  


Last Friday I took Mr.Gingersnap out for a meal for his birthday, as we were driving my car home from uni the next day we ate in Heswall instead of down South like usual. I had actually been to Gusto before on a friend's birthday and it was fabulous! 




The decor is very classy and Italian themed, there are lots of cute fairy lights draped on real olive trees between the tables. Gusto has that perfect balance of mood lighting, not so dark that you can't see what you're eating (though it tasted so good I didn't need to see it!) and not so light that you feel like the sun burning you to a crisp. I like that there aren't too many tables, but they don't rush you on so they can have another sitting, rapid service, but not being hurried is the best. When you first go in there is a fully functioning bar with some lovely cocktails, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic! I love a good mocktail, we went for tasty strawberry flavours because who doesn't wish it was summer already. 

Left is Strawberry Kiss and right is Mint & Strawberry Cooler - So yummy!! 

As we are both little piglets we had a starter and a main each...I went for the calamari drizzled in fresh lemon juice with lime dipping sauce and Mr.Gingersnap went for the meat balls in a spicy tomato sauce with bruschetta. Yum! For mains we both went for thin based pizza, with Mr having a carnivore with every kind of meat known to man, whilst I went for the chicken and sweet red pepper. We were so stuffed that we couldn't eat it all and ended up taking some home with us. Which I must say was delicious as a lunch on the long drive home! I think it is the mark of a good restaurant if their food tastes equally yummy the next day. 





We were both too full for puddings, *longing sigh*, but they looked amazing! Check out their menu here. What kind of food do you guys love? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

12 comments :

  1. Wow that all looks so nice!
    Elise | i-cant-think-help.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It honestly tasted better than it looks :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. That tree is gorgeous! Is it weird I want one in my flat?

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not weird at all! I kinda wish I had one in my dining room haha
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. My mouth is literally watering right now! That mint and strawberry cooler looks heavenly! xxx


    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so delicious :-) I could drink them all day, it was almost like a smoothie!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You should try them out, the food was amazing! :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. This places looks amazing and delicious! I am getting seriously hungry just thinking about it!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha every time I think back to the food my mouth starts watering :-) I will definitely be going again!
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Your pictures are so pretty, they are seriously making us hungry! We also love that lit tree in the restaurant, it looks so pretty!

      ISA Professional

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I hope it has inspired you to eat some delicious food :-) I am in love with that tree, I only wish I had one in my own house
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs