Feeling Youthful and Bouncy

Thursday 25 February 2016

Hello everyone, 

I had heard so much about the Body Shop Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask (phew what a mouthful!), and I know I’m late to the party, but I really wanted to try it out. Having ran out of my usual face moisturiser I went on the hunt for a new one. I read so many reviews and thought they all seemed quite one off, this lead me to want to get a fuller idea of how I would rate it. Writing is my thing and you know how much I love to share with you, so here it is, my week in goo. 


Day 1: 
This product smells so soothing! I actually can’t wait to try it. I almost don’t want to dip my fingers into it. I found a solution to that and I have used the residual bit on the lid of the pot. It feels quite sticky and tacky, a bit like silly putty actually. It does go on nicely and smooths into the skin really well, but I can see why it is a night-time product as it makes your face quite shiny and gummy. So far it feels refreshing. I love the packaging, the weightiness of the pot and solid lid make it feel very luxurious. The colour scheme of bottle green and deep mahogany make it feel like I bought it at an expensive spa. 

Day 2: 
Well I woke up with lovely smooth skin, all stickiness had gone. My face did look quite glowy and the redness of my two break out spots had gone down dramatically. So far so good eh! I’m glad it didn’t go kind of flaky like some other moisturisers do. Don’t you hate that feeling when you rub your face and the moisturiser goes all peely and you end up with little flakes on your fingers? Gross!


Day 3: 
Last night I still didn’t need to dip into the pot and could use the lid again. It seems that a little goes a long way with this. There is a surprising amount in the pot so I have a feeling it could be good value for money. So far so good on the soft, rejuvenated skin feeling too, but I feel you need to trial a product for a week at least before you can get an accurate idea of how it will affect your skin. Some things only work at first and others take a bit longer to show their effects, it really is trial and error.

Day 4: 
For the first time I used the little spatula to scoop out some cream, it’s amazing how little you need to apply it to your whole face. I have a feeling this product will last a long time! I have started to find that it makes my skin a little pink after I apply it, but that could just be because it makes you shiny? According to the packaging it contains Edelweiss stem cells which help to rejuvenate your skin, there is quite a bit of information online about this, but it is still quite anecdotal without any in depth studies. A good site to check out for the science behind these products is Beauty by the Geeks


Day 5: 
Still loving the smoothness of my skin in the morning. I have found that instead of an immediate awake look to my skin, I look more refreshed for longer during the day. Normally I look super tired at the end of the day, but not at the moment! 

Day 6: 
I am definitely starting to believe the hype around this product. I have to say my skin is so much nicer, any blemishes stand out less and seem to be healing quicker, this could just be wishful thinking, but I have a good feeling about it. I have learned to live with the stickiness, it’s worth it in the morning when my skin is smooth as satin. 

Day 7: 
It’s the end of the week and I feel I have given this cream a good enough trial to know if I like it…the verdict is I love it! I will definitely buy it again when this one runs out, thought by the looks of things that could be a long time away. My skin feels more bouncy and has a better glow to it, it’s the perfect prep for spring with more pastel and warm makeup looks. My foundation goes on so much nicer after a night of this. 

I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post it, it got lost in the depths of my hard drive! I just quickly wanted to add that I have carried on using this product daily and I honestly do love it, keep an eye out for it in my Feb favourites...yep it is that good! Have you guys tried this? Wowed or disappointed, let me know in the comments below :-) 


xoxo

17 comments :

  1. I am going to need a new moisturiser soon and I love the body shop one that I use currently but I think I'm definitely going to have to give this one a go first!
    Elise xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one do you currently use? I'm always on the look out for new things to try :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was quite fun, I've never used a product with the same kind of texture before!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's really lovely :-) It has done my skin so much good!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. The texture is interesting. Sounds like an amazing product to try!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels quite weird at first, but you grow to love it :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm oddly fascinated by the texture of this mask haha ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too, it's so weird when you poke it, it just springs back up :-) Worth the weirdness though!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. love the idea of a face moisturizer for overnight! might have to give this a try!!

    Simply Shaunacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great as you lets you wake up feeling fresh and dewy skinned!
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. I just finished my moisturiser so I'll definitely check this one out, great post, and your blog is sooo cute!!!

    Stella xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished my moisturiser so I'll definitely check this one out, great post, and your blog is sooo cute!!!

    Stella xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it is a bit pricey, but makes a wonderful treat :-) Thank you so much!
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. i've heard a lot about this as well, i love their stuff so i'll have to give it a try!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should try it :-) I have found it has made a huge difference to how refreshed my skin feels!
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs