Charlotte Tilbury Review

Saturday 6 February 2016

Hello everyone, 

Charlotte Tilbury is a brand that kind of popped out of nowhere a few years ago, suddenly everyone was raving about her products, especially the lipsticks. Glastonberry is a very deep plum/berry tone that most people seem to go mad for, sadly I couldn’t justify this to myself as I have a very close shade to this from MAC. Instead my Mam and I treated ourselves to the Magic Foundation each and a red lipstick for me…naughty I know! 


The foundation packaging is a real winner for me, it looks very sleek and luxe. The bronze top and frosted glass make it look like a very high quality product. Do beware the lid falling off in your handbag, it can be quite loose if you don’t push it on properly. I picked the number 2 Pale shade as I am quite fair, I also love that it is SPF 15, always good to have some protection from the sun. 


The pump applicator means it is super easy to blob the right amount onto the back of your hand ready to apply with your foundation brush. My Mam tried it first and isn’t really a fan, she thinks the yellow tones aren’t really a good match for her winter skin so she is planning on trialling it again in the summer when she has more of a glow. 

I have to say I’m not wowed by the coverage and texture of this. It’s quite dewy and needs quite a lot of powder to set it properly. If I have it on without powder it doesn’t last very well throughout the day. I’d definitely recommend wearing a setting spray with this as it doesn’t last so well on a long day! If lighter foundation is your favourite choice then I think this is the foundation for you, the texture reminds me of a BB cream. I’m not a big fan of dewy skin really, I like to have a glow. In case you were wondering: 
  • Dewy = looks moist on your skin, perfect for people with dryer skin. This should look almost airbrushed as though the light is hitting your skin and lighting it up from outside. 
  • Glowing = lit from within, an ethereal tone to your skin as thought the light is shining outwards from beneath your skin. 


Onto the lipstick, I went for the K.I.S.S.I.N.G fallen from the lipstick tree in So Marilyn. I love love love the packaging! Rose gold is so beautiful and it’s quite weighty, a substantial lipstick bullet always feels more high end. I like the CT entwined initials on the lid, discreet, but a good reminder of who designed your fab new lippy.  The colour is a deep red, and does what it says in the name, it makes your lips pop as much as Marilyn’s. It looks like it should be quite matte, I found it’s shinier than expected, but I love it, it doesn’t dry out my lips the way some matte colours can. I think I may form a new addiction to these lipsticks, there are so many colours in the range. It’s so easy to find one to suit you and the staff are always willing to help out, seriously, they were super friendly. 

Do you like Charlotte Tilbury? Let me know which products you’ve tried in the comments below :-) 


xoxo

7 comments :

  1. AAAA I am in love with the color! thanks for sharing you have an amazing blog. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it :-) I'd love to follow each other, supporting other bloggers is something I'm passionate about!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of the brand before, but it's great you're pleased with the lipstick even if the foundation isn't as good as you hoped.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :-) I think the foundation would probably be better for someone with a different skin type
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm such a huge fan of Charlotte Tilbury! Cannot wait to try the Magic Foundation, which has not hit Canada yet. Some other favourites from her are the Dolcve Vita quad and the Matte Revolution lipstick in Walk of Shame :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of the lipsticks! I really like the way she puts together colours in her quads and palettes, so I was quite disappointed with the foundation. However, nobody is perfect and I won't let it put me off her brand, the foundation would be quite hydrating for someone with dryer skin. I hope you enjoy it and thank you for the tip on Walk of Shame :-)
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs