Best In Scrub

Thursday 4 February 2016

Hello everyone, 

How many of you have those weird little red bumps on the back of your arms?? I am sad to say that I do, or rather I did. I used to be really self conscious of them, especially in the summer. I was so jealous of people with creamy skin, don't get me wrong, my skin is pretty creamy, but it was marred by those darn red spots! (had to have my Lady MacBeth moment there) I have tried so many different ways to get rid of them so I thought I would share the products with you. 

I don't have pictures of all the products, my housemate might think I've gone mad if I start hoarding empty bottles!

In 5th place is the standard loofah, they are alright really. Most of them are pretty much the same and I spent hours scrubbing at my skin with a loofah lathered in soap to no avail. The process made my skin feel smoother, but it didn't eliminate the redness. 

In 4th place is the Sephora Tea Tree Oil body scrub, I absolutely loved the scent of this! The balls of moisture melted into my skin while I was scrubbing and left my skin feeling very refreshed. The downside was that though I felt refreshed and enjoyed using it the scrub didn't really do that much for my arms. It was much better as an all over scrub to make your skin feel soft. 

In 3rd place is the Original Source Blood Orange scrub, this one was slightly more successful and did work for a little while, but I found it's effectiveness dropped off over time :-( The scent is gorgeous and tempted my poor Dad enough to want to use it as hair and body wash, turns out it doesn't go down so well like that, with my Dad complaining after about "that damn sand paper soap of yours!!" He really should have read the label...


In 2nd place is the much loved Zoella body scrub, this one was such a good buy! I would purchase this again and again, it works really well and almost completely got rid of the inflammation and irregularity. I love the way it melts on to you and goes so well with the moisturiser in the same scent. Zoella products are always of reliable quality and really do what they say on the tub. 


In 1st place are the Soap and Glory body scrubs. These are amazing! There is nothing like them, within a few scrubs my arms had a noticeable difference and I am now completely bump free. I finally have those lovely arms I had always wanted. If I stop using it, the irritation does come back, but I find that if I scrub every other day and moisturise after every wash that it works a treat. My two favourites are the Sugar Crush and Breakfast scents, but any of them works perfectly. 

Have you got any holy grail products for this problem? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

12 comments :

  1. Like these products ;)

    XX

    Mónica Sors

    MES VOYAGES À PARIS

    NEW POST: CASUAL STYLE FOR A NON-STOP DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg Breakfast Scrub is my absolute fav! S&G do amazing exfoliators :)!

    Jess
    Philocalist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soap and glory products! They are so good, and smell great :) And the packaging is super cute :)
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, I love the vintage vibe they have going on :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love soap and glory products, especially the sugar crush one!
    maybabysblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I have moisturiser too, it smells delicious :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Such a great round up - I am a huge fan of body scrubs!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing these products with us, I'm particularly interested in trying out the Zoella one. I've watched her a couple of times on YouTube, so I'd love to try out her products! I hope you have a great weekend ahead!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the post :-) I love the Zoella scrub, it's quite gentle and the scent is heady without being too overpowering. I have tried two of her moisturisers ( candy cream and creamy madly dreamy) and they were both lovely. I'd also recommend her fizz bar of bath bombs, it smells of delicious fresh blueberries! I hope you have a lovely weekend
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs