Where The Heck I've Been!

Friday 15 December 2017

Hello everyone! 

It has been such a long time since I last sat down to blog that I am almost ashamed to start up again, but here I am. I never intended to be away so long, but life has a funny habit of running away with you. So I thought I'd re-introduce my blog and explain where on earth I have been for the last 12 months (12 months?!? How has it been so long?). 

2016 to 2017 was the year of my final exams, after 5 years of study I was going to end my academic career with a gruelling 33 exams in 2 weeks! Some of those exams were short practicals, but I count them all the same. Needless to say it put a lot of pressure on me. I felt like I should be studying non-stop and prioritising this over all else. That meant putting a lot of time consuming hobbies on hold, unfortunately the first to go was blogging, closely followed by dance and swimming. Looking back this was a silly idea, I should have cut back not cut out completely. Staying sane when you don't allow yourself downtime is almost impossible and it left me a stressed out wreck! Moral of the story: work-life balance is not something to sniff at! 

As always, Tiger-Lilly likes to help with revision!

Exhausted mess that I was, I still managed to drag my bum onto a 36 hour flight to New Zealand with Mr. GingerSnap. He lived there for 8 months, working as a dairy farmer and I have always wanted to see all the places he tells me stories about. His tales filled my head with pictures of a magical place where everyone is relaxed and the world is your oyster. This was not just nostalgic dreaming. I, like him, fell head over heels in love with it. The people, the scenery, the food and the way we spent time out there were truly perfect. It was the best holiday I have ever had and going back is now number one on our To Do List :-) 




When we got back I had every intention of sitting down with my laptop and blogging, but then I was offered my dream job. How could I say no to a position as a vet dealing with many pet exotics in the heart of beautiful Cornwall? So Mr. Gingersnap and I upped sticks again and moved a couple of counties over. Since then we have been settling into our new life and organising our home, no small task by the way! 

That brings us up to speed, I think. As I write I am sat snuggled up in a blanket on our sofa, glancing up at our gorgeous Christmas tree, enjoying a cinnamon tea and the scent of our festive pomegranate candle, feeling grateful for the last year's ups and downs. Hopefully this is it, I am back to blogging! I have a great many ideas I want to work on and plan to post as regularly as I was before my blip, so sit back and enjoy the flood of posts :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Hop over to my Facebook here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs