London Cosmetics Haul

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Hello everyone! 

It feels like forever since I last did a haul post! I think it's because I tend to buy new products in bits and bobs rather than one big splurge. This is in the vague hope that I will feel less guilty for decimating my purse...it doesn't work! Anyway I went to London last week with my Mam to keep her company to and from work. While she was working I decided to do a little bit of cheeky shopping! 



My first stop was of course the infamous Lush shop on Oxford Street. It's hard not to pop in when I'm so close! I have been mentally preparing for the dry skin that comes with autumn breezes and damp weather by planning a new and improved skin care routine. To aid this I wanted to try out a few new products in store and decide what suited me. The shop assistant was so helpful and spent at least 30 minutes talking me through products and trying out treatments. 








In the end I mixed it up by getting a facial soap and a steam toner. Yes, that was not a typo, I meant to write a steam toner. For those who, like me last week, don't know what that is, it's a small tablet (similar to a dish washer tablet) which you put in a small amount of water. You then put a towel over your head while it hangs over the bowl of water and you use the steam as a toning treatment. Afterwards you can pour the water into a small bottle and keep it as a normal toner for the next weeknas long as it is refrigerated. I went for Dream Steam, which has the most lovely scent! It smells of rose, lavender and chamomile blue oil, with a slight hint of tea tree oil. Apparently it is really good for dry or sensitive skin as it opens up your pores so the oils can be absorbed properly :-) 



Now for the facial soap! I went for Fresh Farmacy because I loved the scent of elderflower and calamine, it is simply delightful. It makes me think of meadows! The chamomile blue oil and lavender oil make it feel very soothing on the skin. It is super creamy and lathers up beautifully. The different elements provide antiseptic and soothing properties, as well as helping to restore the natural balance of your skin. 



I couldn't go to London without nipping into Abercrombie and Fitch to pick up a new bottle of Fierce. I love this scent to pieces, even though it is a men's cologne I think it can smell quite feminine on the right person. Over the years it has become my signature scent. The sandalwood fragrance makes me feel so refreshed and ready to take on the day! 



Another sign that summer is almost over is my fading tan. Not that I had much of a tan anyway, let's face it, as a red-head I am rather porcelain skinned. However, I do still need different shades from summer to winter. Sadly my current foundation is getting a tad too dark for me now, so I went in search of a new one. The Nars Sheer Glow foundations have been raved about on the blogosphere for years and it was about time I tried one! In case you are wondering my shade is Light 4 Deauville. I loved how well it worked with my skin, the coverage is medium, but buildable without feeling heavy on my skin. I felt like my skin did glow and was still well moisturised by the end of the day. Another aspect I liked was the buying the pump separately part. It means I can recycle it for future products and help the environment in some small way :-) 

I did a tad of clothes shopping when I was there so if you would like to see those pieces then let me know in the comments below! Please do tell me what you think of these products if you've tried them :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs