Shyly Beaming

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Hello everyone! 

Here in the UK we are having our record breaking 5th sunny day in a row! Yep, I know, it is pretty much unheard of :-) If you are like me you are keen to make the most of the bright days and don't want to waste valuable minutes inside doing your makeup when you could be outside soaking up the sun! For these days I love a very natural, minimal makeup look, fresh faced is so much easier to maintain in the sticky heat than a full face of makeup. 


Photographing the shiny packaging was such a nightmare! 

For today's post I have raided my Mam's makeup bag to pull out her Dandelion Shy Beam, which I have found myself borrowing a little more often than I care to admit. I think when I crack and buy my  own I will also be getting one for her. Benefit really know how to get a highlighter spot on, with many using them as staple products for their makeup routine over several years. 



The Dandelion Shy Beam highlighter is relatively new, having hit shelves not even a year ago. Meeting this release was a huge hype, and in this case I think it is deserved. The packaging alone of this product is sumptuous and heavy, without feeling clunky. It's also very feminine and almost has a vintage pin-up's vanity kind of feel to it. 




The highlighter itself is based on Benefit's cult Dandelion blusher. Dandelion is a very sweet, baby pink blush that people have been loving for years. There are actually whole palettes based around this blush, namely the Dandelion palette with a blush, lip gloss and the Posie Tint lip and cheek stain. The original Shy Beam is quite a sparkly highlighter and really looks amazing on those who are lucky enough to have a tan. However, for pale creatures like myself it was a little too bright and just drew attention to the more porcelain tone of my skin! 



Dandelion Shy Beam is a matte, pink highlighter with only the slightest sheen to it. When you first put it on it feels a little heavy, but do not fear, it smooths in beautifully, leaving your skin feeling creamy. You might then think you can't see it anymore at all, but as soon as the light hits you the gorgeous glow appears. It manages to accentuate all skin tones, with a really flawless finish. 

You can use this to emphasise your bronzer of an evening, or use it over a tinted moisturiser or BB cream for every day wear. The way I have been wearing it is with a light foundation or tinted moisturiser and powder, to offset my slight brush of blusher and enhance my natural skin. It looks beautiful on my Mam's more tanned skin and looks fab with both red and nude lipsticks. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a more subtle highlighter! 

Have you tried this product? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here!

8 comments :

  1. I never tried the product, but now I'd like to! Enjoy the sunshine!! :))

    http://hungrycaramella.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I hope you enjoy the sun too!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. This product seems so great!
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my blog www.rochellefox.com.au and my latest VLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a fab product! I'm a sucker for pink blushes so this highlighter sounds right up my ally! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are a pink lover then this is most definitely for you :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love High Beam so I will definitely have to put Shy Beam on my list - it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely, slightly less shimmery than High Beam :-)
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs