Scents For Summer

Friday 19 August 2016

Hello everyone! 

I was planning to do a summer makeup look for you all today, but then the weather failed me and the rain started to pour. In honour of poor lighting and my desire for summery weather to return, I thought instead that I would write about my favourite summer perfumes to conjure up some warmer vibes :-) 


Scents can be so evocative, instantly transporting you back in time to when you last wore it or to a significant moment. I love this effect, it is why I tend to return to the same scents seasonally in the same way birds will migrate across the planet! 

Eurgh, rainy days always mean bad lighting! 

My favourite scent for summer, and in general, is Abercrombie & Fitch's Fierce. I know it is a bloke's scent, but I feel it is very unisex and can smell very feminine on the right woman. I associate this scent with that lovely new clothes feel when you've been on a summer shopping spree. A&F is superb for summer dresses and floaty tops! This scent is refreshing, without being overpowering, the hints of sandalwood make me think of long evenings on the beach. This year I varied slightly with Fierce Icon, which I love, but not as much as the original Fierce. The bergamot gives it a much headier scent, making it a definite night time perfume.


I have been loving Ted Baker's body spray, the rose, sandalwood and raspberry notes mean it is very floral and light. It is perfect to throw on in the morning, leaving you refreshed and ready to face the day. This scent is ideal for the floaty summer dress days, it is super feminine without being sickly sweet. If you are a floral lover, this is the scent for you :-) 


Next up is the old handbag essential, the roll on perfume. I think every girl should have at least one of these, they are great to chuck in a bag if you're on the go, meaning you can top up your perfume as needed throughout the day. It also removes the risk of spillages or smashing a delicate glass. The one I love for summer is Sabé Maison Paris' Copacabana, the packaging for this is bright and puts me in mind of a South American carnival! This scent is light too, but can be quite sweet if applied too liberally. I find that a quick dab behind my ears and on my wrists is sufficient in the morning. It also has moisturising properties, making it very kind for sensitive skin. I love the subtle notes of amber amidst the stronger orange blossom, rose and violet tones. This scent is definitely a feast for the senses! 


Finally, is Vera Wang's signature Vera Wang perfume. I have long been a lover of Pink for the autumn, and this one certainly lives up to the reputation. It is the perfect heady summer scent, it will turn heads it smells so good. It is the ultimate sexy, feminine eau de parfum. It has a deeply sensual, floral bouquet, evocative of long summer nights spent in the company of a loved one! You can enjoy all of the different elements quite individually. The lily, mandarin blossom, rose, iris, woods and lotus flower notes blend together to create a distinctly unique whole. This perfume is to be worn elegantly! 

What is your go to summer fragrance? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here

11 comments :

  1. I have never tried any of these but the ones that intrigued me the most is Vera Wang, I need to give it a sniff.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love that Vera Wang fragrance! I wore it on my wedding day so it's pretty special to me. The Ted Baker body spray sounds lovely too - anything with rose is a winner with me! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so wonderful when you get to associate a scent with such a big day! :-) If you love rose, then you will adore the Ted Baker spray! It is gorgeous, they do the same scent in a moisturiser and bath foam too.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Roll ons perfume is essentials especially when you're going out with your friends straight from work
    My summer fragrance is Marc Jacobs' Daisy

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I love that scent! I agree, I wish more perfumes were available in roll on form :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I really want to try that Ted Baker fragrance! Sounds really nice, thanks for sharing!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous and definitely worth trying :-) I hope you like it!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Lovely picks! I really like the sound of the Ted Baker spray xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs