Nailing It This Summer

Wednesday 24 August 2016

Hello everyone! 

Summer is the time for pretty pastel nails and all things girly! It is the ultimate excuse to wear all the cutesy colours. To brighten up today I have decided to share with you my top five nail colours this summer. They are all from Rimmel London, but I just love all their colours. There are so many options and they are such fantastic quality, gliding on easily and only taking two coats to look finished :-) 


Let's start with this bold red in 310 Double Decker Red. This is the most post-box red I have ever seen! I have been wearing this colour as my go to for toes for about 10 years. It is so beautiful and bright, it really stands out against pale skin and looks quite elegant peeping out of your sandals. 


622 Oh Boy You're So Fine!! is a stunning pastel violet, it's a bit deeper than my spring lilac and is perfect for a sophisticated summer evening. This colour drys with quite a shine to it, which can be enhanced with a clear top coat to really look like a professional manicure. I think this is my favourite of these five colours. I never tire of this one, it goes so well with a maxi dress and clutch bag, I feel like it helps to pull a look together and make you look very polished! 


503 Mind The Gap, Victoria is a lovely powder blue, it's almost a pastel version of duck egg blue. This is a very feminine colour and looks fabulous for a chilled look. I'd wear this for a daytime outfit, for wandering around in shorts and t-shirts or skirts. It's quite a youthful colour and gives you a relaxed vibe. 


413 Orangina is part of the Rita Ora x for Rimmel London collection. This delicious looking burnt umber-pastel orange reminds me of sunsets and cocktails. I would wear this colour for a more beachy look, to pair with bathing suits, sunnies, sandals and of course a floppy hat! Clutching a fruit cocktail in hands with this colour can never fail to look classy and put together!


Finally is 405 Rose Libertine, I am in love with this colour. This pink sums up my entire colour scheme this summer. It is the most beautiful pastel pink, effortlessly girly yet oh so classy. This is the ideal colour to go with a summer dress and girly handbag :-) 


I love how something as simple as a nail polish can instantly transform a look! What are your favourite colours this summer? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here

8 comments :

  1. I love Rimmel nail polishes, they're so good for such a cost effective price! I think the lilac shade is my favourite x
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rimmel has really perfected the balance between affordable and fabulous quality! :-) Lilac is always the best, well any shade of purple really!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous selection of summer colours!
    My favourite is definitely the Oh boy you're so fine :D

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many beautiful colours!
    Thanks for your kind comment on my blog. Do you want to follow each other?
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) You have a lovely blog! I'd love to follow each other, I'll comment when I'm done!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I have some of these colours too, I absolutely love them! Your blog is really great and you seem so lovely too, let me know if you would like to keep in touch I love meeting new blogger friends! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect, Rimmel just do nails so perfectly! :-) Thank you, that's very kind. I would love to keep in touch :-)
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs