Lava Lamp Laughs

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Hello everyone! 

Now, you all know how much I love Lush products, especially the bath bombs, and so far I haven't really had anything I haven't loved. I had heard loads about the bath bomb called Lava Lamp, people have been raving about these for months! 



It looks amazing from the outside, orange and spotted with purple, hinting at what delights are to be found on the inside. I also immediately fell in love with the scent, it is super fresh and tangy. It really makes you feel relaxed and fresh after your hot bath, which is perfect when you spend so much of the summer feeling sticky. 


Please excuse the ugly bath, it is being replaced next week :-)  

I swear the colours look nicer in real life haha! 

Once I put it in the hot water it was wonderful, it made the most satisfying sizzling sound as it dissolved. It also looked great, the deeper water turned this gorgeous shade of burnt umber! The top was bubbly and fluffy with swirls of purple running through it. The scent is a little strong, but still really lovely. The strongest tone is the tangy tangerine and orange flower, with the warmer undertones of cocoa butter coming through once you immerse yourself in the water. 


This was the point when the bath went brown!

This bath bomb made my skin feel really beautiful, more beautiful than the bath at the end! As the bomb dissolved more, the water turned a murky browny-orange colour, but who cares? It smelt nice and felt good and that's what counts! However, what I didn't count on was the bath being quite so stained by the purple. Anywhere the water had splashed upwards the bath had stained bright violet and it was quite hard to get the colour out... I managed after a while, but it took a bit of scrubbing. My bath is really old and about to be replaced, so it does tend to stain more so maybe it would be fine in a different one :-) 

Have any of you tried this bath bomb? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here! 

16 comments :

  1. I got lava lamp and it turned my skin purple!! I did a whole summer haul xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colouring is rather strong right?! I hope you enjoyed your haul :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. This one looks really cool! Thanks for sharing :)

    What about following each other? :)

    Caro x

    http://nilooorac.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it :-) Sure, I'm happy to follow other people, I'll comment when I'm done!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Looks like such a cool bath bomb and the effect is so pretty, but if it stains then I would stay away as I hate having to scrub and scrub after a relaxing bath x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...the product itself is great, but I didn't love the scrubbing!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Woow that looks so cool.I would like to try it :)
    Would you like to do a collab post with me in the future, maybe?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely scent! :-) I'd love to do a collab post with you sometime!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. Ooh I mightt have to try this! Have you tried intergalactic?? 😍

    My Little Online Space

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wooow! This looks so amazing! :) Seems like you had a good time.

    Love,
    Christina ♥
    cinapeh.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds nice, I love a good bath bomb but find them a bit pricey!
    Summer xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be a little pricey! I find the Zoella fizz bars a cheaper alternative, you get about 4 baths out of one bar which is great and they smell delicious :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I love this bath bomb! It smelled amazing! But I wasn't expecting the brown color, so it did kind of weird me out at first haha!

    Abby Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour is a little weird, but the scent was worth it :-)
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs