Jojo Moyes - Breaking Hearts All Over The World

Sunday 28 August 2016

Hello everyone! 

Have you ever read a book so touching it breaks your heart so completely that you can't bear to reread the book? Well I have, Me Before You by Jojo Moyes broke my heart a few years ago when it first came out. Recently I have been collaborating with Catherine over at Badass Vampire Blog to create some book reviews for you guys. We decided to recommend a book to each other and then write a review!

I don't have a physical copy of Me Before You, but I will be writing a review of After You soon so stay tuned :-) 

Me Before You follows Lou Clark as she flounders through life, eventually taking a job as a carer for Will Traynor. After his motorcycle accident, he is left paralysed and hating life. When Lou enters his life she brings a ray of sunshine and they slowly, but surely, fall in love. However, sometimes you have to love someone enough to let them go. Lou is in turmoil, fighting to save the man she loves from himself. Her conscience and her heart need to battle it out before she can decide what is the right thing to do.

Love has many facets and this book shows them all. Sometimes you may not love for a long time, but you still love deeply. This story shows all who read it how important love is and how it can change your life and your choices. I loved every page of this book and it still has me in its thrall. Enchanting and heartbreaking all at once, I think everyone should read this book. 

Catherine recommended this book to me because of how thoroughly beautiful she found the reading experience to be. Now, she says she isn't really a fan of romance novels so wasn't expecting to love this book, she thought it would just be a general good read. However, it melted her self proclaimed cold heart with it's stunning narrative. It changed her view of the world, and romance novels for that matter. She found that it made her think more deeply about life and her dreams, it is an inspiring read! If Catherine had to describe it in one word she would say: Wonderful :-) 

Have you read this? Let me know what you thought in the comments below :-) Be sure to check out Catherine's post here where she'll be talking about City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here

19 comments :

  1. It was fun working with you.I hope that someday in the future we can collaborate again!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I hope so too! Working with you was so much fun!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I have read both books and I absolutely fell in love with it. Amazing

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't read them so far, thanks for this post!
    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. I checked your blog with the result: I like it! I would like to follow you on gfc and/or bloglovin. It would be great if you come back to my blog to follow me - then I will follow you immediately back.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I'm always keen to support other bloggers! :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I'm yet to read this book. I've heard so many good things about it, and especially because the movie was released recently, so it would be nice to compare the two. I'm currently just trying to finish a book I'm on, so hopefully when I'm done with that I'll give this one a go :)

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy them when you read them :-) The second book is a lot lighter than the first, which is a nice change!
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. I haven't read anything my Jojo Moyes yet but I really should! She sounds amazing x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy her books :-) Another favourite of mine is The Girl You Left Behind, it's a stunning novel!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. I will admit I did not read the book, but I watched the movie and it was very moving. I am sure that the book is thousand times harder to take in. I am a huge romatic and I always like to belive that love can change everything, but Miss Moyes made me think if it is really love if you selfishly want to keep someone in your life even if they dont want to stay?! In this case it was really hard for me to except the decision Will made, but I kind of got it. I plan to read the book right after I get over my obsession with MC book though.
    P.S. It is so cool to be able to talk about book.

    Deni
    denisday.org| Beauty & Plus Size Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the book a very tough read too, it makes you question a lot of things. Personally I think that at the end of the day if you really love someone you have to do what is right for them, even if it breaks your heart to do it.
      I really hope you get around to reading the book, it is so thought provoking that I believe everyone should read it :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. This book look amazing ... you made me want to read it.
    http://thebeautychik.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard so much about this book. I really want to read it... when I'm emotionally stable enough to handle it! It sounds like a real heartbreaker!

    alicered.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a tear-jerker! You will cry, but it is so beautifully written that it is worth it :-)
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Great collab! I really like it! Can we follow each other? Let me know on my blog.. :)

    http://anastasijamatic.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) I'm glad you enjoyed it! Sure, I'll comment when I'm done!
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. It´s such a touching story told in a beautiful way!

    http://springlillies.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs