Surprisingly Summery Scents

Wednesday 27 July 2016

Hello everyone! 

Sadly my holiday is almost over! I don't want to leave and get back to the real world, but we all have to at some point. While I have been away I ran out of my current Sephora body scrub, it's so invigorating with its green tea essence. It's a hard act to follow, but as it was a weekend I couldn't just nip out and buy another. Instead I had a little rummage in my Mam's beauty stock, she keeps a few of her favourites stashed at the house for when she gets time off work and can come for a bit of rest and relaxation :-) 



Anyway, in her stash is her favourite festive exclusive from the Body Shop. The Frosted Cranberry collection is only available around Christmas so every year I get her some as a little treat and she manages to make them last for months! Now I can hear you all groaning at the mention of cranberries so out of season, but I swear it is such a summery scent. 





The scrub in this collection is divine, the scent is musky and warm and the sugar beads melt into your skin really well as you scrub. It left my skin feeling soft and lightly scented. As far as those pesky little red bumps on my arms go, it wasn't amazing and I still prefer my Soap and Glory scrub. However, for skin invigoration and freshness it is wonderful. It would make a nice all over scrub, not being too harsh for sensitive skin. 



The moisturiser is actually my favourite in this, it has a slight shimmer to it which is perfect for enhancing that tan for an evening out! I would suggest using this sparingly as it can make you a bit glittery... I mean, there's nothing wrong with glitter, but it would have looked a bit odd in the nice restaurant I went to! 



Finally, the Body Polish :-) This product is slightly misleading as you could think it is another scrub, but it is actually a simple body wash for in the shower. Although it makes a lovely bubble bath too! The scent is slightly lighter in this, so you don't feel too overwhelmed by it. 

Overall, I think cranberry works really well for the summer. It's fruity and fresh toned, without being too floral. I enjoyed the lingering scent on my skin much more than I was expecting to given the season. I know these products are currently unavailable, but I wouldn't rule out other cranberry scented products this summer :-) 

What do you guys think of this scent for summer? Have you been surprised by any other products? Let me know in the comments below :-) 

xoxo

P.S. Follow my Facebook here! 

9 comments :

  1. Oh these look so nice! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My summer holidays have only just started! I absolutely love the body shop!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sooo many products from The Body Shop but haven't tried anything from this range. I'm loving their Pina Colada collection at the mo! Xx

    ♥ Carly Susanne - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give these a go when they come back into stock :-) They are an old favourite! I have also been loving their Drops of Youth collection.
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Your blog is so pretty and well designed! :) I love the scent of cranberries, so maybe I'll try these products out one day x
    -Amy

    everythingamygeorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :-) You should definitely give them a try! They tend to start appearing in shops mid-November so keep an eye out.
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs