Making Me Blush

Monday 28 March 2016

Hello everyone! 

With spring on the horizon it is time to start rocking that rosy glow. “How? Show me your blush wizardry!” I hear you all cry. So let’s go! 


Blush is very subjective, depending on your skin tone, hair colour and the look you are going for, you might want to try very different blushes. As I cannot change my appearance at will I can only really advise you on my tastes. I am very pale, with bright auburn hair to give you a rough idea. I’ll talk about powder blushes first and then move on to the cream blushes, so feel free to skip bits if you like!


For the daytime I like quite a delicate blush, I have been really loving the baby pinks recently, in case you hadn’t already noticed! My all time favourite will always be the Benefit Dandelion blush, it is so light, but so pigmented and really blends well. A total classic really. Another Benefit classic is the Coralista blush, the one I have is very very old, possibly even the first blush from my collection! Unfortunately they have since changed the formulation and it has a much more bronzy tone to it, it would go wonderfully if you have a nice tan, or with a bit of Hoola bronzer. The formulation I have is a very warm pinky-coral, with a terracotta undertone, I prefer this blush in the summer when I have a bit more colour or for an evening out when I would probably wear more makeup. 


Two recent additions to my collection, and probably many of yours too as they are relatively new, are from YSL and Too Faced. I wrote a full post about the YSL Gypsy Opale palette a while back, you can check that out here. This blush is a very light baby pink on the skin and has a gorgeous opalescent finish, if you like that ethereal lit from within look then this is the blush for you. It comes with all you need to finish off your face, with the purple and green sections for balancing and a pearly highlighter for your final touch. Sadly it is limited edition so I don’t know if you can get hold of it, if you can then it may be a little pricey! 


I have heard so many people rave about the Too Faced Sweetheart blushes, I couldn’t resist buying one. Available in multiple tones, they provide three different blushes in one super cute heart shaped palette to be used singularly or in combination. I went for Candy Glow and it is so pretty, I use it mainly for daytime as a light shimmer, but I can build the colour up for a night-time look. 

On to the cream blushes, I’m sorry to say I don’t have much experience with these having only two in my collection, but I will do my best. I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan as I don’t feel like the colour lasts as well throughout the day and does need multiple touch ups. This type of product would be good for if you were just popping out and wanted a light face of make-up or if you are having a beach or park day with friends. Who else can’t wait for picnic season to be back? 



Maybelline’s brand new Baby Lips balm and blush combos are a big hit with everyone already. I prefer them as a balm, but as a blush they do have a lovely shimmer finish. I have the 01 innocent peach shade, but to be honest there isn’t really much difference between the four shades so you really don’t need them all! My final product is another lips and cheeks duo product. It is the My Little Beauty lips and cheeks stick, providing a very matte finish, with a sunny, warm coral tone, with more orange pigment than pink. Perfect for the end of summer when you have a lovely glow from the sun! I prefer this one as a cheek colour than a lip balm, as it is quite drying. I also feel like I am too pale for this right now, so it will have to wait for better use later in the year. 

What is your favourite blush? If you would like me to walk you through a look incorporating one of these blushes, let me know in the comments below :-) 


xoxo

11 comments :

  1. I'm loving everything on this post!!

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them! :-) I'd honestly really recommend them all!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. omg that Too Faced blush is the cutest! some great picks here lovely xx
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) The Too Faced blushers are so versatile, I like how you can combine the shades or use them separately depending on the look you want to create.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. The YSL looks amazing!!! I'd prefer bronzer more :)

    Your blog is pretty cool! Would be so happy if you could follow each other :)
    xoxo, Colli
    tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The YSL is so pretty, I have used it almost every day for the last 3 months and you can hardly tell! For bronzer, Benefit is always amazing :-)
      I'd love to follow each other too :-) always keen to support other bloggers!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Thank you :-) I'm glad you enjoyed reading it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These blushes are all sooooo cute. I think my faves would have to be the YSL and two faced ones. I really wish I could pull off blush!


    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can pull off blush! You just need to find the right one :-) The Benefit Dandelion is a really delicate one for if you are too nervous for a bold sweep of colour! Bourjois also have a huge range of lovely quality blushes. I hope this helps!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Love the packaging of that YSL blush! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I fell in love with it instantly too, sadly I don't think it is available anymore :-(
      xoxo

      Delete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs